Recently when I was surfing on XDA-Developers, got a chance to know about a new application built up by the XDA Developers itself. It’s the iPhone X-style gesture controls app for Android. The app brings customizable gesture control to any Android device for those users who are looking to get into gesture navigation or are looking for an alternative to existing options.
They are stating that,
Unlike other, similar apps on the Play Store, though, our app can do something that no other app can.
The application will completely hide the stock software navigation bar and will provide truly full-screen experience to your Android Device.
Warning: If you try the app and don’t like it, please DO NOT simply uninstall the app UNLESS you have turned off the navigation gestures toggle to bring back the stock navigation bar! Unfortunately if you uninstall the app without doing this, you may be unable to navigate your phone!
Let’s Get Started…
Note: You can also watch the Video for more understanding.
First, download and install Navigation Gestures from Google Play Store.
After Installing, Open the application, The first thing that you are asked to do is to grant permission for the application. You need to grant the permission to hide your stock navigation bar.
For that purpose, you need to connect your Device to a Windows PC and follow the steps:
- #1 Make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging option in the Developer Options on Device settings.
- [Follow the below 2 steps if needed or else jump to the #4 step.]
- #2 If the Developer Option is not enabled in your setting, go to Settings > About phone > Build number
- #3 Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
- #4 Go to Windows PC and Download the 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 – ADB, Fastboot and Drivers.
- Follow the installation procedure.
- #5 Open command prompt, then type the following command
adb shell pm grant com.xda.nobar android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- That’s all on the PC. Just get back to the Smartphone.
Now tap on the next, a warning will arrive like the image shown below.
This warning states that you need to disable the navigation gesture before uninstalling the programme. The application does not have the courage to make the appropriate settings while uninstalling.
Talk the next, and All Set. Now you are ready to use the Navigation Gesture.
In the next interface, you were asked to enable the Navigation Gesture. Just Enable it.
How to Uninstall the Navigation Gestures
To uninstall the Navigation Gestures, Go the application interface. Disable the toggle that you have enabled during the installation.
That’s it and all set. In my opinion, the Navigation Gestures App is pretty simple to install and no rooting is needed.
Get more stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.