Cortana is the most Intelligent Artificial Assistant developed by Microsoft Corporation for Windows Phone. Cortana is supported with Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 10. By the introduction of Windows 10 OS for PC, Microsoft Introduced Cortana on PC.
Cortana’s features include being able to set reminders, recognize natural voice without the user having to input a predefined series of commands, and answer questions using information from Bing (like current weather and traffic conditions, sports scores, and biographies).
Cortana is not officially available in all languages for all countries. Its available in India but you should follow some steps and make some changes in the settings on your Phone. Lets Do it;
Note: Presently I don’t have a Windows Phone 8.1 Device to take the screen shots. Sorry for that.
[divider]Set the Speech Language[/divider]
The users in India can use the English (United Kingdom) speech language to use Cortana. Follow the steps below to set it up.
- Go to Settings > Region and ensure that the region is set to INDIA
- Go to Settings > Speech
- For most users in India, the default speech language is set as English (India)
- Tap on the English (United Kingdom) speech language under speech language drop down list.
Once you tap on English (United Kingdom), the speech language shall be downloaded. To check the process of download and install,
- Go to Settings > Phone Update. You can see the download progress of the update.
- After downloading, if you have scheduled to install the updates on the time basis, the speech language will be installed at the specified time.
- To install the update immediately tap the Install button.
- This process will install the update by restarting the phone.
When you restart your device, it will install the update by you can see the Spinning Gears.
After the update install go to Settings > Speech and tap on the speech language drop down list to display the languages and tap on English (United Kingdom) to set it as the default language.
[divider]Turn on Location Services[/divider]
Turn on Location Services by navigating to Settings > Location and turn the location service “ON“.
Thank All. Your Cortana is now active. Go to Cortana and Enjoy.