Recently when I am surfing on XDA-Developers. Found that MIUI 10 China Developer ROM is now available for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/2S, Xiaomi Mi 6/5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, & Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
The new “AI” features that Xiaomi is highlighting for the release include AI Preload and AI Portrait. MIUI 10 also brings changes to nearly every aspect of the system UI such as a redesigned lock screen, notifications, recent apps, quick settings, volume panel, and more. Parts of the new UI are reminiscent of the design seen in Android P.
Here we are talking about China Beta ROM. If you want to try out this new version of MIUI, you can either wait for Xiaomi to release a Global Beta ROM.
Devices eligible for MIUI 10 China Developer ROM
- Xiaomi Mi 8
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Redmi S2
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
List of eligible devices for MIUI 10 China Developer ROM in July
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Xiaomi Mi 5c
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Xiaomi Mi 4c
- Xiaomi Mi 4S
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Xiaomi Redmi 4
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S/ Redmi 3X
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/ Redmi Note 4X
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm)
How to install MIUI 10 on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Sideloading MIUI 10 will require an unlocked bootloader, which you can apply for here. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe the device. Please make a backup of all your data before you attempt the upgrade!
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Download the right TWRP image for your phone:
- Download the Google apps package here.
- Download the right MIUI 10 build for your phone:
- Transfer the MIUI 10 ROM and GApps package from your PC to your phone.
- Reboot to the bootloader by powering off your phone and holding down the power key and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Boot TWRP on your device with the following command:
fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img(Replace /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and the location where you stored it.)
- Once you have booted into TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset. This may not be necessary if you’re already on the MIUI 9 China Stable or Developer ROMs, but it’ll very likely be necessary if you’re on the MIUI 9 Global ROMs.
- Go to “Install” and find where you stored the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and flash it.
- Tap “back” and then flash the Google apps package.
- Once the flashing has completed, tap on “reboot system” and you should boot into MIUI 10!
- Enjoy MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 5, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, and Xiaomi Mi Note 2!
Complete Image & Content Source: www.xda-developers.com
Get more stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.