In this article, you will get to know the complete step-by-step tutorial for how to import OLM to Office 365. We have mentioned about both the manual as well as expert solution to migrate OLM file to Office 365 environment.
Firstly, we will see what is the need and what challenges occurred to import OLM files into Office 365.
Outlook is one of the widely used email clients, mainly in a business environment. It’s available for both windows and Mac Operating Systems. Windows Outlook used the PST format wherein Mac machines use the OLM format for storing email files.
The trend to migrate from desktop-based clients to a cloud-based platform is on a pinnacle. Nowadays people used Office 365 offer by Microsoft. It provides the entire usage of MS office application programs on its subscription available for users.
Frequently users want to migrate from email application to Office 365, which gives a feature to use it anytime, anywhere. Furthermore, it is more secure than Outlook for Mac because it stores the database in the cloud.
If you are a Mac Outlook user want switch to Office 365, then he need to migrate OLM files to Office 365. Because OLM file is contain entire data of Mac Outlook.
How to Migrate OLM files into Office 365 Manually?
If you want to import OLM into Office 365 manually, first you need to convert OLM to PST. To perform this procedure first, you need to set up an IMAP mail account, then you can use it to transfer Mac Outlook emails to Windows Outlook (PST).
Step 1: Convert OLM to PST by using an IMAP account
- Login to Gmail account and go to account settings >>enable the IMAP account
- Now, configure Mac Outlook OLM file with the Gmail account.
- Create a Gmail label and start synchronizing the OLM file with the IMAP account.
- Transfer all OLM email files to IMAP email account.
- Migrate OLM from IMAP mailbox to PST
Once all the files are converted into the PST format, later migrate those PST to Office 365.
Step 2: Import PST file to Office 365
There are two methods by which you can import PST files to the Office 365 account which are mentioned in the below section.
Network Upload: For this method, you need to install Azure AzCopy Tool to get the access to cloud storage. Hence, admin can transfer all the PST files in Office 365 by using Office 365 Import service.
Drive Shipping: In this method, the admin or user can physically ship the database stored in encrypted hard drive. After shipping, the admin can use the Office 365 that contains all those transferred PST files.
Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Time-Consuming: The process is lengthy and tedious to perform.
- Data and security breaches: There are chances of data losses during migration process.
- Data integrity issues: It does not maintain the folder hierarchy in the O365 account.
- File size Limitation: You can’t import large-sized OLM files into Office 365.
Import OLM files to Office 365 by Using Automated Tool
To mitigate the limitations of manual process, an advanced professional OLM to Office 365 migration tool is specially designed to perform the migration process smoothly. The tool is capable enough to migrate the OLM file of Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, 2019 to Office 365.
- The tool easily migrate OLM to Office 365 in batch with emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.
- It preserves the OLM folder hierarchy in Office 365.
- The tool has the date filter option for selective OLM files.
- There is no file size restriction and it generates the complete report after migration.
Import OLM to Office 365 in 4 Quick Steps
Download, install, and run the software. Follow the simple steps to start the migration of OLM files into Office 365.
Step1: Add the OLM files by using two file selection options Drag & Drop and Select Files into the software panel.
Step 2: Now, click on the Convert button to migrate Mac OLM to Exchange Online(Office 365).
Step 3: Enter the Office 365 user credential, also apply date filter for selective OLM migration. Click on the Login button.
Step 4: Now, the tool starts the migration process, OLM files get successfully migrated into O365. Hit on the OK button.
In the above article, we discussed the solution of how to migrate OLM to Office 365. We discussed the manual methods but due to its limitations, we recommend to use the professional solution .i.e OLM to Office 365 migration tool. This tool is preferred to save the valuable time of the business users as it performs the migration process in a few simple clicks.