The most popular messaging app in the world WhatsApp is upgrading the app day by day. The app facilitates easy communication across the world and has become the go-to app of choice for a lot of people. Among everything we do on WhatsApp, there are hundreds of images and videos we receive every day on various groups and personal chats.
These WhatsApp media files can quickly turn your phone’s gallery into a cluttered mess. So, if you want to ensure that your WhatsApp media doesn’t show up in your phone’s gallery, here’s how you can hide it.
How to Hide All WhatsApp Media in Android Phones.
- In the WhatsApp app, tap on the three-dot menu icon on the top right, and then tap on Settings.
- Here, go to ‘Chats’, and uncheck the box next to ‘Show media in gallery.’
- That’s it, from now on, any WhatsApp photos and videos will not show up in your phone’s gallery.
How to Hide All WhatsApp Media in iPhone
- In the WhatsApp app on iPhone, head over to Settings, and then go to ‘Chats.’
- Here, turn off the toggle next to ‘Save to Camera Roll.’
How to Hide WhatsApp Media from Specific People and Groups on Android
- In the WhatsApp app, open the chat or group chat you want to hide photos from. Then, tap on the name of the contact or the group.
- Here, tap on ‘Media Visibility‘ and choose ‘No.‘ Tap on ‘OK’ and you’re done.
How to Hide WhatsApp Media from Specific People and Groups on iPhone
- In WhatsApp, open the chat or group you want to hide photos from. Tap on the name of the contact or the group.
- Here, tap on ‘Save Media to Camera Roll’ and choose ‘No.’
That’s it, from now onward, photos and videos you receive from that particular contact or group will no longer show up in your gallery or camera roll.
Get more stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.