If you are troubling with your several Outlook data files and want to manage them? Then you can merge all the PST files into a single file. This is most successfully way to manage large number of files and avoid data loss issues. In this blog, you will learn the ways to consolidate multiple PST files into one. So let’s start step by step.
In this technology world, Outlook is known as the most used and popular desktop based email client. In latest versions of Outlook, users get more storage space than old versions. Now, users want to upgrade from the old version to the new version. This is not a difficult task, but how they manage their multiple PST data files this is a difficult task. To complete this task, they have to merge multiple PST files into one but how to do this? Because Outlook has no inbuilt option to merge PST files together. But don’t worry, this can be done with indirect methods.
Why Merge Outlook PST Files?
- Huge PST files can slow MS Outlook’s performance and speed, while individual PST files can be opened and closed easily without affecting Outlook performance.
- When a user needs to share data with someone, it is difficult to share multiple PST files individually. Therefore, it is better to consolidate PST files into one and simply share them.
- Users can easily access and manage multiple Outlook account PST files in one place by merging them into a single file.
- A large number of Outlook PST data files can be moved anywhere and lead to problems when opening PST files.
- A single PST file can easily be imported into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and all other versions.
Manual Solution to Consolidate Multiple PST Files
The manual methods have two parts, first you have to create a new PST file and secondly import old PSTs into newly created PST file.
Step 1: Create PST File
- Select New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- Enter a File Name and select the Location to save new file.
- To add a password, select the Add Optional Password option.
- Click OK and type a password in both the Password and Verify Password text boxes.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Consolidate PST Files via Import/Export Option
To consolidate multiple PST files into one, you need to import your existing PST files into a new blank PST file.
- Click on File tab >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select the option Import from another program or file from the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select the file type as Outlook Data File (.pst)and click Next.
- Browse to select PST file to import and choose “do not import duplicates” option.
- Select the folder to import from and check the Include Subfolders.
- Select the “Import items into the same folder” box.
- Click on the Finish button.
Note– You need to repeat the same steps to import all PST files into a newly created PST file.
Limitations of Manual Method
There is no doubt that the manual process is completely free and preferable if you have four to five PST files. As we saw in the process above, you only import one PST into Outlook at a time. Therefore, this method takes a long time to consolidate PST files into one.
Better Approach to Consolidate Multiple PST Files
You can use the PST Merge software if you want to merge multiple PST files into a single file. This is an ultimate solution to consolidate Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and journals. It has user-friendly interface that helps users to easily use it and combine Outlook PST files in just a few clicks. It offers multiple features that allows users to easily accomplish this task according to their needs. Using this utility, it is able to merge PST files into one in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
This tool has an advanced option to remove duplicates while merging Outlook PST files into one. It supports to consolidate PST files with or without Outlook application installation. You can easily combine all types of PST files including ANSI and UNICODE PST into a single UNICODE type PST.
Steps to consolidate multiple PST files into one are as follows;
Step 1. Download PST Merge tool and install it on your Windows PC.
Step 2. Add Outlook PST files.
Step 3. Select Merge or Join option.
Step 4. Select option: merge in Existing PST/New PST/Outlook Profile.
Step 5. Choose mailbox items and required advanced options. Click Next.
Done! This way you can merge multiple PST files into one file in just a few minutes without losing a single data.
Additional Features of PST File Merge Tool
- This utility offers two options: Join or Merge. Join option allows to join multiple PST files into one by creating a new folder. With merge option, you can merge similar folders into one.
- It provides option to consolidate PST files into existing PST, new PST or Outlook profile. Users can choose any option according to their needs.
- With this utility, user can consolidate multiple PST files into one with all data items including contacts, calendars, emails, tasks, etc.
- It offers the advanced Skip Duplicate Items option to merge and remove duplicate Outlook data items.
- The software also has option to split large sized PST files into small size, exclude deleted items and junk folder.
- It is compatible with all latest and earlier versions of MS Windows like Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
- With this tool, you can consolidate PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Outlook users have problems with their multiple data files, which are difficult to manage and cause issues of deleting and corrupting data. To solve all of these problems, users want to merge multiple PST files into a single file. For this reason, in the blog above we discussed the two main ways to consolidate multiple PST files. You can simply choose one of the methods that meet all of your needs.
Get more stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.