YouTube channels can now change their name without it impacting their Google account.
YouTube creators are finally getting a highly requested new feature. It’s now easy to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture to better reflect your content — without updating the name and photo associated with your Google account.
It’s now possible for YouTube creators to change the name of their channel without changing the name on their Google account.
Creators can change both their channel name and photo and the changes will only be applied on YouTube.
Previously, in order for a YouTube creator to change the name of their channel, they would have to change the name that’s displayed across all Google services.
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on mobile
1. Open the YouTube app, and tap your profile picture.
2. Tap Your channel > Edit channel.
3. To change your name, enter your updated name and tap OK.
4. To change your profile picture, tap your picture, and select an existing photo or take a new one. Tap Save.[mnky_ads id=”4560″]
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on desktop
1. Sign into YouTube Studio.
2. To change your name: From the left menu, select Customization > Basic Info. Click Edit to update your channel name and enter your new name. Click Publish.
3. To change your profile picture: From the left menu, select Customization > Branding. Click Upload and select an image. Adjust the size of your picture, and click Done. Click Publish.