A damaged power button seems like an end of your Android Phone. Be cool, if you are struggling a lot with a damaged power button of your android smart phone. There are lot more or plenty of alternatives to keep your device in a working state.
The most important things to do if you feel that your power button is acting up, you need to do these steps to ensure that you don’t lose access to your device is to turn ON USB debugging and Scheduled Power ON.
Turn ON USB debugging on Android
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap on Developer Options. If you don’t see Developer Options in Settings, you can turn it ON by going to About phone and then tap on Build number a few times till you see a pop-up message that reads “You are now a developer”.
- Toggle Developer options ON.
- Find USB debugging and tap on it to toggle it ON.
Turn ON Scheduled Power ON
- Go to Settings. Search for “Scheduled power ON/OFF” in the search button shown in the upper right corner.
- Toggle Power ON and set the time you want it to power ON every day.
If you have a damaged power button and your device shuts down, then you can rest assured that it will boot up at a pre-set time.
App to replace your power button
Shake to Lock/Unlock: It is a lightweight app that does exactly what the name suggests. A gentle shake can wake up your display and can also turn it OFF.
Get more stuff
in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.